Dear partners in prayer,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
This week's update:
1) It has been an interesting week for Julie and myself. This missionary lifestyle is full of adventure: up and down, spiritual warfare, up and down, spiritual warfare, up.... What keeps me going through it all is the image of my resting in the palm of Jesus' hand. It keeps me going through it all, with a sense of God's peace.
2) Regarding the Belize online campus:
The first day of orientation class was exciting. One of the reasons we have an orientation course is to work out the bugs so that we don't work them out during a regular class. That was a wise decision. Net result: we got through our first bug, and the 3.5 year seminary plan is off to a solid start.
3) Regarding the Albany online campus:
The goal is to have the first course or so available at the turn of the year.
4) Lydia is at college. She has a great roommate and very good room. She is taking control of her studies. Great stuff!
5) We had a good time at Trinity Church in Watervliet, this morning. I got to pray a prayer for the anniversary of Fr. Marty and Judy. That was a powerful moment.
1) For the students taking the Fall online courses in Belize, and for the program overall, especially the next few weeks as we go through our shake-down cruise. I think this sums up the situation: we are building the ship while sailing it.
2) For the continued course development of the on-line programs for Belize, Albany, and W. Tanganyika.
3) For Lydia as she settles into college.
4) For Hannah and the month of prayer for Troy.
5) For the goals of each of our family members, that we would be the ministers whom Jesus has called us to be.
6) For plans to visit Belize City in October, during the Diocesan Synod.
7) For possible plans to visit the Diocese of Western Tanganyika in Tanzania in December/January, to work out on-line plans for Kasulu Bible College (East Africa).
God bless you, and thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are really important for us, and I pray for you every day.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
SAMS missionaries, as well as missionaries of the Diocese of Albany