Dear partners in prayer,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
This week's update:
1) This week, we are currently in a transition from our Orientation course to the first Biblical Interpretation course. Things seem to be going well; and each day there seems to be something interesting. Additional students are wanting to join.
2) It seems that I am online just about every day with students in Belize. I can do this more easily online, as it turns out, than if I were on the ground in a traditional setting.
3) Because there is a fair amount of mold that grows during the rainy season on books in Belize, providing the students with electronic resources that they can use on their flash drives, keeps the materials fresh and portable.
4) I developed presentations to make it easier for students to access the courses at various times of the week. I think we are doing well in this part. To do this in an orderly fashion, I rearranged part of the OATC (Online Anglican Theological College) online library to handle the sudden increase in course materials available online.
5) Our mailing went out.
1) For our class chat lecture on Saturday (11 am Eastern time).
2) For the students taking the online courses in Belize, and for those thinking about joining.
3) For continued development of the online courses.
4) For plans to visit Belize City in October, for the Synod of the Diocese of Belize.
5) For a favorable response to our mailing.
6) For the plans to visit the Diocese of Western Tanganyika in Tanzania in March or April.
God bless you, and thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are really important for us, and I pray for you every day.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
SAMS missionaries, as well as missionaries of the Diocese of Albany