Dear partners in prayer,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
Welcome to Advent, and the beginning of the Church year!
1) Course development work continues, on several courses.
2) Students are entering the final part of the semester.
3) We begin to turn our attention to plans for 2013.
1) For our family members and the upcoming Advent and Christmas plans.
2) For the students and the courses, to the glory of God. Particularly that:
2a) current students would end on a strong note, and
2b) prayers for the next courses, and
2c) for which students would be attending them.
2d) for other interested students (the Archbishop of the Province of the West Indies and the Bishop of Belize have mentioned that anyone who wishes may join the students of Belize in the online courses, so if anyone would like to participate, please let me know; it might be an interesting cross-cultural experience), and
2e) for our Spanish speaking students.
3) For travel plans in the first half of 2013:
3a) to visit the Diocese of Western Tanganyika in Tanzania in April (current plan is to meet the Bishop of the Diocese here in the US, in March, and then, a group of us travel back possibly with him to Tanzania). This trip is a prerequisite for establishing an online education program at Kasulu Bible College; while in Tanzania, I may be teaching students in Belize, online. With online education, I can do that, and
3b) plans to visit Belize after Ascension Day, in May, to teach in situ (on location) for a week or so, and
3c) the Bishop of Belize has mentioned that he would like me to visit the seminaries in Barbados and Jamaica, on my next visit, to see if we can develop stronger ties there, and
3d) The April trip requires visas, vaccinations (as needed), ticket coordination with others, letter of introduction as needed, and so forth, in advance (some of it at least month in advance); so prayer for all those matters would be appreciated, as well as safe and timely travel, and hopefully having at least some basic vocabulary knowledge of Swahili.
4) Financial support, that it would increase, to take into account travel plans in the first half of 2013.
Your prayers are really important for us. I pray for you every day.
God bless you, and thank you for praying.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+