Dear partners in prayer,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
Have a blessed Lent and a happy Valentines Day!
This week's overview:
1) Current courses are moving forward; we are preparing for the next round of courses that follow. My proposal for diocesan vocation week in Belize (mid-May) coincides with the Bishop's intentions, there. His theme will be "Anglicans: a people for the times." He would like me to teach this as an "Introduction to Anglicanism", the course for the week, and he may set up a meeting where I and a few others would talk about Anglicanism on TV.
2) We are in the process of developing our parish schedule. Our Mudge Mission office may move to the North Country of the Diocese of Albany for a bit. This would give us an opportunity to visit with different parishes in the North Country.
3) We are still working on the medical insurance issue, but we have a short term plan.
4) I have heard from the Chairman of the Commission on Ministry in Belize this week that our online education program has become a major blessing. Apparently, the focus of the Commission on Ministry is centering its work around what we are doing.
5) I have signed up for the SAMS retreat/New Wineskins Conference combination that our SAMS missionaries attend every three years. Think of it as Diocesan Convention for Missionaries.
6) Thank you for your continuing friendship and support, in prayers, conversation, and materially. They have been a blessing to us.
1) For the students and their families, that what they learn may be applied in the power of the Holy Spirit. We hear wonderful stories of how our techniques are being practiced in parish settings.
2) For travel plans for the SAMS missionary retreat in early April, Western Tanganyika in late April, and Belize in mid-May.
3) For our parish schedule, that we be in the right place at the right time, and that people may be inspired by what we do.
4) For a resolution to the health insurance issue, God's way.
Your prayers are really important for us. I pray for you every day.
God bless you, and thank you for praying.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+