To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Monday, May 18, 2015

May Newsletter


Ascension


On the road.

This week I arrived in Belize on my 11th trip here in about 3 years, this time for a month and a half.

After I arrived, I checked in with Bishop Philip who likes to surprise me. And off we went, to a hospital visitation and then on to St. Philips in Orange Walk where there was a baptism (about an hour away, to the north).

Yesterday, I met with a person in the ordinatoin process for an update. Then, Bishop Philip and I made another hospital visitation, before going off to the blessing of an new insurance company headquarters where I was asked to read the scripture. While there, I took the opportunity to exchange ideas one-on-one with an acquaintance, the government Minister for Education, Youth, and Sports, on ways to inspire youth who think they have no future. And then, it dawned on me how to do this: just create something from nothing by inspiring folks. Simple. The people without hope and vision perish. So, thats what the Church does for youth: provides hope and vision through Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit, and watch what happens. And then, a thought came to me: the Church can help prepare our youth for leadership positions in society by enabling them to become leaders in the Church, first (alongside adults). What a way to redeem/transform society! Wow! And now, I am energized.

Today, Bishop Philip and I co-led a workshop in Belize City for all the Lay Ministers in the Diocese of Belize on: the relationship between Lay Ministers and Clergy in the Church. From there, I traveled 2 hours west to San Ignacio in time to help out at a marriage service, in the town where I begin serving as acting clergy at St. Andrews in a few days, as well as continuing my diocesan ministries. Cool!

God bless you all, and thank you for your support,

Fr. Shaw, and on behalf of Mtr. Julie.
Examining Chaplain, Diocese of Belize
SAMS missionaries.

Support.

Please pray and continue to make checks out to: "SAMS". Put "Shaw and Julie Mudge" in the memo, to support what we are doing. Your continued support makes the work in Belize possible.
Mailing address:
SAMS,
P. O. Box 399,
Ambridge, PA 15003-0399.

Or on-line, at http://goo.gl/nll8ut  

Baptism at St. Peters Anglican Church, Orange Walk, Belize.

Photo copyright Fr. Shaw Mudge, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment