To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Prayer Mail May 19

Dear Friends, 

Hope you had a blessed Ascension Day. Pentecost approaches.

This is our public prayer mail for Tuesday 19 May 2015.  

Among the highlights of this past week: 

1) I arrived in Belize on my 11th trip in about 3 years, and have been working with diocesan ministries in Belize City. Now I turn my attention to final preparations for serving as the priest in residence in San Ignacio. The May Mudge Mission newsletter for May informs you of some of my activities in the first few days of this Belize trip.

My communications system has been a success. Please pray that communications disruptions would be held to a minimum.
  
2) Have been working on preparations for various pending events, appointments, and courses. 

This week, Bishop Philip has started me working on a pastoral ministry workshop which I will use as a basis for my pastoral ministry course and which will include segments on prayer (including healing prayer), as well as home and hospital visitations, active listening, and more. 

3) I believe that our grant application for the printing of the Spanish Book of Common Prayer for the Province of the Church in the West Indies has been completed at this point. Praise God!

Prayers:

1) Please keep each of the following items in prayer: health issues, our mission work, parish supply work, the time in Belize, and the weather (rainy season begins in June). Pray for safe and timely travel, smooth transitions, that the grant be granted for the publication of the prayer book, and the Holy Spirit's priorities for us.

2) Pray for my visa extension about the first week of June. I will be heading for Belmopan to make that happen. It is routine, but pray that all would go smoothly in a safe and timely manner as the Holy Spirit wishes.

3) Please keep various family members in prayer about: relationships, events and appointments, decisions to make, educational goals, gainful employment, fruitful ministry, and God's presence while I am away.

4) Please pray for Lydia as she works on her Fall education plans.

Your prayers are very important. I am praying for you every day.

God bless you,

Shaw, and on behalf of Julie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment