This is our public prayer mail of Sunday, 17 April 2016.
Today I have been writing emails and our April newsletter. I am attaching the newsletter.
This week, the Archbishop of the Province of the Church in the West Indies has completed his Forward to the Spanish Book of Common Prayer for the Church of the West Indies, and the forward has been translated. We are on the cusp of sending it to the printer. There was a request that the two of us SAMS missionaries who enabled the project to happen (Fr. John Park and myself) have our biographies included. That has been done.
Your prayers are requested for the following:
1) For my upcoming mission trip to Belize, in about a week and a half. Despite the challenges in the preparation phase at the Belize end, all is set to go. As usual, my mission work for this trip will be revealed in the fullness of time, but not necessarily on a North American time table.
2) In the meantime, I ask your prayers for the next distance learning course that begins this coming Saturday. There are potential conflicts between the course and other events in the diocese, so we ask that all we be sorted out with God's priorities in mind.
3) Meanwhile, St. Peter's in South Windsor has been very gracious to allow me to serve on Sunday mornings when I am in the area. The Holy Spirit is doing a mighty work there. They attribute it in part to a visiting missionary. I attribute it to a great congregation. Regardless, God is doing what he wants, and we are all pleased. Please pray for us all and what God is doing there.
4) For our next steps in mission and ministry, and for a powerful move of the Holy Spirit in all that we do. Also, pray for spiritual protection.
5) For safe and timely travel.
6) For relatives and friends who face challenges and/or opportunities, particular for my mother's application for her next step in life is in the works, for Julie's endeavors as a hospital chaplain, and for Lydia's summer plans. In the meantime, Lydia has registered for her next college semester. Progress. One step at a time.
Thank you for praying. I pray for you every day, for particular matters that have come to my attention and that you would be filled with the Holy Spirit.
God bless you.
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie.
Currently in Manchester, CT; later, will be at the clergy retreat in the Diocese of Albany