This is our public prayer mail of Sunday, 24 April 2016.
The Diocese of Albany retreat was good.
The distance learning Christian Ethics/Moral Theology course has begun, and I continue to plan for the trip that begins on Wednesday.
Your prayers are requested for the following:
1) For my upcoming mission trip to Belize. It is becoming more and more apparent that my mission work and accommodations for this trip will be revealed in the fullness of time.
2) I ask your prayers for the distance learning course.
3) Strategic prayer: I am in the process of putting together a financial plan that further bridges the gap between our missionary income and our current annual budget deficit. With education expenses and other matters being what they are, the potential gap is wider than I would like. Please pray that we would be open to what God has in mind.
4) For a powerful move of the Holy Spirit in all that we do, especially with all that will be going on in the next year and a half to two years in our lives as a family. And, pray for spiritual protection.
5) For safe and timely travel.
6) For relatives and friends who face challenges and/or opportunities, in particular for my mother's application for her next step in life, for Julie's endeavors as a hospital chaplain, and for Lydia's summer plans which are beginning to take shape, and for her next summer's plans, as she may need to work on them in due course. Progress. One step at a time.
Thank you for praying. I pray for you every day.
God bless you.
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie.
Currently in Manchester, CT.