To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Prayer Mail

Dear Prayer friends,

Peace be with you.
This is our Christmas public prayer mail:

Hope you are having a Merry Christmas season. Hope you have a great New Year's celebration, as you are able.

The Week in Review (please pray as you read this):

1) The Ven. David Collum invited us to con-celebrate with him at the mid-night service at All Saints Cathedral in Albany. It was a really great occasion.

2) Our trip to Uganda has settled down to the first two weeks in February. We are leaving space open on either side of that for any pending Kenya plans.

3) We will start to set up tentative parish visit plans over the next few weeks.

Additional prayers:

1) I would ask you to pray Psalm 91 daily for us, not only for the short-term trip to Africa, but also over our entire preparation time (I have included a copy at the end of the prayer mail).

2) For Discernment. Choosing the right location, based on our site-visit. What needs to be done over the course of the next year, in preparation for our long-term assignment.

3) For Finances. We are SAMS missionaries on home assignment, even as we prepare for our next venture. Please pray for God's provision for this venture.

4) For college work. Lydia has some catch-up work to do in January, before next semester. Prayers for timely and good completion of her semester's work would be appreciated.

5) Setting up and logistics of site visits. We are praying for the right guide in Uganda, to help us get around, show how the bus system works, etc.

6) For the necessary visas, and other matters in preparation for our site visit.

7) Safe and timely travel during our site-visit trip: back and forth to Uganda, and on location.

8) That Jesus would shine through what we do. That we minister effectively, as He would want us to, in the course of His visits, His planning, and His long-term plans for us.

God bless you, and I continue to pray for you every day. Your prayers matter to us.
In Christ,
Shaw+ and on behalf of Julie+

Psalm 91

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment