Dear Prayer friends,
Peace be with you.
This is our first prayer mail of 2012:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. (I believe it is the 9th day of Christmas season.)
The Week in Review (please pray as you read this):
1) We enjoyed our visits with our relatives in Connecticut. Then, upon arriving back, we were saddened to learn of a tragic death of one of Lydia's friends that occurred shortly before Christmas.
2) Kenyan plans are being included in our site visit. As of today, our upcoming site visit trip to Africa is slated to include two locations in Uganda and one location in Kenya. We are in the process of arranging for our travel tickets.
3) Our financial situation is looking a bit better. Keep on prayin'! Things are looking up.
1) For Discernment. Choosing the right mission site. Discernment for what needs to be done over the first half of 2012 while on home assignment, in preparation for our long-term assignment overseas.
2) For finances. Please pray for God's provision.
3) Lydia has some catch-up work to do in January, before next semester. Prayers for timely and good completion of her semester's work.
4) Prayer for our logistics, safe and timely travel, good health during the site visits.
5) For the necessary visas. (Our visa options have multiplied, and this gives us more flexibility.)
6) That we minister effectively, as Jesus would want us to, in the course His plans for us.
God bless you, and I continue to pray for you every day. Your prayers make a difference.
Shaw+ and on behalf of Julie+