Dear Prayer friends,
Peace be with you.
This is our public prayer mail for this week.
It is great to be praying with you at the beginning of Epiphany season. I wonder what the Lord will reveal to us all in our prayers.
The Week in Review (please pray as you read this):
1) We attended a memorial service of a friend of Lydia's on Saturday. All of us attended services at Christ Church in Schenectady on Sunday, and Julie and I attended Fr. Stephen's installation at St. John's in Troy on Sunday afternoon. All three services were to the glory of God.
2) Tickets have been purchased for our missionary site-visit trip to Uganda and Kenya in February. Malaria meds have been purchased, and visa applications have been sent in. Itineraries have been set up.
3) Lydia update. She has completed one paper, and is working on the second, as part of closing out her Fall semester. The Spring semester begins in mid-January. She is fine with mom and dad eventually setting up camp in either Uganda or Kenya.
4) We are making headway in planning parish visits from the end of March into June.
1) For Discernment. Choosing the right mission site; this is an on-going prayer between now and when we make our decision, after our return from Africa.
2) For finances. Please pray for God's provision.
3) Lydia's final paper.
4) Prayer for our planning, logistics, safe and timely travel, good health during the site visits. We need to firm up our accommodations for the night of January 31st in Nairobi.
5) For the visa process.
6) That we minister effectively, as Jesus would want us to, in the course His plans for us.
God bless you, and I continue to pray for you every day. Your prayers make a difference.
Shaw+ and on behalf of Julie+