This is our public prayer mail for this week.
Happy Easter season! Alleluia! Alleluia!
1) Julie was at St. Mark's in Hoosick Falls, today, covering for Mtr. Laurie in Israel. I preached and gave a mission presentation at Good Shepherd in Canajoharie. We had a very good time at both parishes. I like giving the presentations and getting to meet people in the congregations.
2) Julie, Hannah, and I had a great time together at the Diocese of Albany's Priests' Retreat at the Spiritual Life Center. Julie was part of the diocesan music team, and then, after it ended, she had an anointed time as a musician at St. Michael's in Colonie for their monthly prayer meeting.
3) Saturday was a very interesting day. A) Julie and I dropped into the Cursillo Ultreya at the Spiritual Life Center in the morning; it was an awesome Holy Eucharist, B) then, we attended our niece's senior recital at Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs (she is a composer; I would sum up her work as "moments of genius and brilliance, and the rest was simply fantastic"), and C) we enjoyed the Prodigal's Return musical at the Spiritual Life Center.
1) The rest of Lydia's semester and summer plans.
2) Prayer for discernment in the steps ahead.
3) Prayer for the upcoming parish visits. This coming Sunday, Julie and I will be traveling to Tupper Lake, on the heels of her attending the Clergy Wives Retreat.
4) Prayer for continuing plans to teach theological college classes on-line from the US to students in Tanzania. I am in the midst of conversations with the local Bishop about possible upcoming plans.
We sense your prayers, and I pray for you every day.
God bless you,
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+