Dear praying partners,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
This week's update:
1) Regarding Cursillo: we had a great Cursillo weekend. It was a great team; we have a great bishop; it was a great group of candidates; the music was awesome; and there was a special quality to the weekend because it was a couples' weekend. I thought my beloved did an outstanding job.
2a) Regarding Belize:
Course materials go live this coming Saturday, for students to preview. They can do this for a week before we actually begin the orientation course on 1 September. The Biblical Interpretation I course materials are moving towards completion; the course is from late September to December.
2b) Regarding Albany:
More people are expressing interest in similar courses for Albany. We are making the first steps in that direction. And there are people in the Diocese of Albany who are offering their expertise to help with program development. Thank you to everyone.
1) For the participants of the Cursillo Couples weekend this week, and how they move forward. Ultreya for this group is coming up at Church of the Messiah in Glens Falls on September 8. Pray that the Holy Spirit would continue to touch lives through us all in a mighty way, and for spiritual protection in the days after the weekend.
2) For the preparations for the Fall online courses; the Orientation Course begins on September 1st, and prayers for Albany and W. Tanganyika course development plans.
3) For future parish visits. We are entertaining requests for parish visits in late September, and also October, November, and December.
4) For Lydia as she prepares for her return to college in about a week and a half.
5) For Hannah in Uganda. We continue to hear brief but great reports. She returns on Wednesday.
6) For my mom: she had a pacemaker put in during the Cursillo weekend. She seems fine, but my brother has been through a lot on what he thought was going to be an uneventful vacation.
7) There is a lot of spiritual static this morning. Pray that my computer's functioning would return to normal.
God bless you, and thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important for us, and I pray for you every day.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
SAMS missionaries, as well as missionaries of the Diocese of Albany