Dear partners in prayer,
This week's selective overview:
1) The trip to Belize was awesome. Words can not really describe it, and thank you for praying. Bishop Philip and I led a retreat for the Diocesan Clergy and then, we led a retreat for the Diocesan staff. The retreats were designed to help the diocese to move forward and make the necessary changes needed, according to God's vision for the Diocese.
2) The reading that I prepared for Trinity School for Ministry's Advent Devotional (December 3) has been well received by people nearby and by missionaries overseas.
3) I kept track of the number of people using our public Internet theological Web site this week (Google site, including library of theologically related links). Over the first 5 days that I kept track, there were 17 individual users and about 63 hits from those users, accessing the Web site around the world. It was the first time that I kept track.
1) Pray for upcoming visits to Belize in January, March, May, and October, as well as the monthly vocational meetings and other matters as they arise.
2) Pray for wisdom as we move forward as a diocesan team, attempting to implement Bishop Philip's vision for change in the Diocese of Belize. Pray that people would continue to be inspired by the retreats that were held is week, and motivated to follow and support what the Holy Spirit is doing.
3) Please pray for my role as Examining Chaplain for people in the ordination process and the ordination process itself, that the Holy Trinity would accomplish what He would like done. Pray that we would be alert to spotting people whom the Holy Spirit would consider appropriate candidates for ordained ministry in the Diocese of Belize.
4) Continuing prayer in good times and lean times, that the Holy Spirit would guide: faculty, family, finances, plans, programs, and dioceses.
5) Pray for additional upcoming parish visits in the U.S. and for the mission day presentations in March.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
I pray for you, everyday.