To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Monday, January 19, 2015

January Newsletter

Living on the edge.
Western Belize, Central America. Photo copyright Fr. Shaw Mudge.

I hope your 2015 year began well. Ours has, with renewed interest in what we are doing, exciting blessings on the mission field.

We do not know what surprises and accomplishments will unfold over the course of 2015, yet at the same time, we look forward to what the Holy Spirit is calling us to do, as part of the adventure ahead.

Doing what I do in the mission field is like walking along the edge of a steep cliff sometimes, metaphorically speaking. I am living on the edge with the Examining Chaplaincy activities that I am engaged in, and all that that entails.

And sometimes I reflect: that without this ministry, nothing exists in its place. There is no back-up. I dont dwell on that thought, though; rather, I keep forging head. But sometimes it strikes me a new way, that this ministry is a huge responsibility, and that I am a beacon of hope for the Anglican Church, here, for the Kriol, English, Spanish and Garifuna speaking folks in Belize. 

Sometimes, I feel like I am living on the edge of a stony cliff, looking down into mammoth cultural, demographic, and economic waves that crash on the shore below, and yet somehow, we are unaffected because our ministry is built upon the rock that is Jesus Christ.

The abiding presence of the Holy Spirit keeps the the Diocese of Belize moving forward through challenge after challenge. Life is not simple for the Diocese.

Looking forward to next month: I shall be returning to Belize in a few short weeks.
Please keep me in your prayers as I travel along the steep sheep paths on the cliffs that the Holy Spirit calls me to walk on. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall continue to follow him on the path that he has called me to take.

God bless you all, and thank you for your support,

Fr. Shaw, and on behalf of Mtr. Julie.
Examining Chaplain, Diocese of Belize
SAMS missionaries.

Support.

Please pray and continue to make checks out to: "SAMS". Put "Shaw and Julie Mudge" in the memo, to support what we are doing. Your continued support makes the work in Belize possible.
Mailing address:
SAMS,
P. O. Box 399,
Ambridge, PA 15003-0399.

Or on-line, at http://goo.gl/nll8ut  

No comments:

Post a Comment