Dear Friends in Prayer,
Peace be with you.
This is our public prayer mail for this week and next week. (We will be on the road a lot over the next two weeks, and I do not know if I will be able to send a prayer mail next weekend.)
I am also attaching our August newsletter.
Update, during this past week:
We have been having a good time meeting with friends and family this week, and getting our home more organized. Still some ways to go.
Had a wonderful time helping the Revs. Hannah Mudge and Christina Vance with their ministry in Troy to the community on Sunday.
Prayers, for this coming week:
1) For Lydia. Her preorientation wilderness program in the Adirondacks ends about Friday. Pray for a strong ending to this Phase I of her entering college. May she be strengthened in her faith because of her experiences.
2) Phase II of launching Lydia at college begins this week. We reconnect with her in Massachusetts about the 18th, for orientation.
Pray for our part in orientation weekend at Lydia´s college, and for helping her get settled in.
Pray that she would find the college setting a place for growing spiritually. Pray that Lydia find a good church home and that she can easily set up a bank account.
3) For Julie and my travel schedule this week, to Connecticut and Massachusetts. We plan to spend several days with family and with ministry friends. Prayer for good weather would be nice.
Pray that the Lord would guide us and that we would be good witnesses for Jesus.
4) For reuniting with items which have arrived for us from South America.
Prayers for the following week:
1) For our time with family and friends in Downeast Maine.
Pray that it would not only be a time of refreshment, but also a kind of retreat: a special uplifting time of closeness, peace, and tranquility with our Lord. Prayer for good weather would be nice.
2) For Phase III of launching Lydia at college: our celebrating her 18th birthday with her about a week after orientation, in Massachusetts. Her birthday is a significant threshold for every member of our family.
We pray that Lydia would learn what she needs to learn over the next year and would grow in the power of the Holy Spirit because of her experiences in college.
Your prayers make a difference, and I pray for you daily.
God bless you.
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie and Lydia.
Missionaries of the Diocese of Albany.