Dear praying partners,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
This week in review:
1) Julie and I had a great 31st wedding anniversary on Wednesday, and I enjoyed the Father's day lunch, Sunday.
2) Bp. Philip of Belize has asked me to take part in a wider conversation about online education in the Province of the West Indies, particularly between Belize, Jamaica, and Barbados. As to Belize, we plan to start our first course in September. As to our part the wider discussion across the West Indies, that plan is in the process of unfolding.
3) The diocese in Tanzania is subdividing into two dioceses; our conversation about online theological education continues and plans to resume after safari season airfare prices come down in September. Necessary online equipment modifications are planned for around the turn of the year.
4) The Diocese of Belize is in the process of buying study bibles for the students in our courses.
1) For our part in the service at St. Michael's in Colonie this coming Sunday.
2) For our part in the upcoming Albany Couples' Cursillo weekend in August, including the teaming meetings beforehand. I am an Assistant Spiritual Director and Julie is the Music Team Leader. Please pray for the others who are leading the weekend, for the candidates, and that the Holy Spirit would touch the lives of the couples who He wants on the weekend.
3) Pray for our online learning planning-meeting in Belize in July, not only about the program in Belize but also about the plans for the wider program in the Province of the West Indies.
4) Pray for the decisions about course content, appropriate software, the location of appropriate servers for this global online program, integration with existing diocesan programs, and the design of the courses, taking into account the diverse experience, schedules, and Internet capabilities of students, not only in Belize, but also across the wider program in the Caribbean. Pray that the Holy Spirit would guide us to a good balance of student/faculty interaction as well as appropriate course availability.
5) Pray for safe and timely travel, and a good experience on the ground during our planning visit to Belize. It is hurricane season.
6) For the students in the dioceses involved, and our meetings with them and with the leadership of Belize as well as the planned inter-diocesan meeting, particularly that we set up the kind of appropriate curriculum that the Holy Spirit wants students to learn from, that we do all to the glory of God, and that we would all be "disciples making disciples."
7) Pray for Lydia has she prepares to take her driver's license test on Monday the 25th of June. Pray that she would pass the test. (It would be really helpful for her summer plans if she had a driver's license.)
8) Pray for the Tanzanian program, for their diocesan division, and the integration of their online program with the online plans in Belize, Jamaica, and Barbados. Our conversations with interested participants now extend latitudinally over 1,900 miles across just the Caribbean, and over 8,000 miles from San Ignacio, Belize to Kasulu, Tanzania.
9) Pray about the equipment upgrade progress in Tanzania.
10) Pray about the incorporation of potential participants in the Diocese of Albany. People in our diocese have begun to express an interest in taking courses we are planning to offer.
11) Prayer for discernment, provision, and guidance for our life as a whole. We anticipate that the online programs will start taking up to about 50 hours a week to prepare for, beginning in August, and up to 50 hours a week once we would begin teaching in September.
12) For the people from the Diocese of Albany who are venturing on a short-term mission trip which arrives in Belize in July, shortly after we come back to the US from Belize. They will be seeing some of the same people whom we will have seen, and staying in one of the areas in which we will have been staying. Pray for protection for all the missionaries on the trips, and that the Holy Spirit would mightily transform lives in Belize because of them.
Thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important us, and I pray for you every day.
God bless you,
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
SAMS missionaries, as well as missionaries of the Diocese of Albany