Dear praying friends,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
Well, it's done. We've purchased tickets for our Belize missionary site visit in July. Wow. A new adventure!
1) Julie and I talked about our missions activity at St. James in Ausable Forks, this past Sunday. Julie preached. She is a good preacher.
2) I conferred with Dcn. Jill Stellman who handles on-line activity for the diocese of Albany, and our conversation confirms that Julie and I have done a good job in our online plans, taking advantage of the current technology available.
3) I also had a moment with Fr. Peter Schofield of the Commission on Ministry for the Diocese of Albany, and there may be an opportunity to offer some folks in the Diocese of Albany course material that we are preparing for our mission work in Belize. One step at a time.
4) Lydia is in the final stages of her driver's license process. The week she has been mastering the secrets of parallel parking. A test has been scheduled for later this month, unless there is a vacancy before then.
5) The Rev. Hannah Mudge has a birthday this week. May it be blessed.
1) This coming weekend we will be at Diocesan Convention. If you are trying to catch up with us, we plan a display booth and will also be teaching a workshop ("Sharing the Good News: Mission Field Dos and Don'ts"), at 2:30 pm, June 8 (Convention Friday), Jelinek 1A.
It could be a very important workshop to help someone prepare for mission trips. We will highlight how to introduce yourself in East African contexts (which is not a bad way to do it, around the world, even in the Diocese of Albany), and talk briefly on Cultural Adjusting, the importance of having a Support Team/Prayer Team, and the reality of Spiritual Warfare. We will have a handout with pages of helpful website links as well.
So, if you can make it, we will be glad to see you. We pray that the Holy Spirit will bring those who are supposed to be there.
3) Continued prayer about implementing plans to teach theological college classes on-line, from the US to students in Tanzania and Belize, and the potential to expand elsewhere.
4) Prayer for discernment, provision, and guidance for our life as a whole.
Thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important us, and I pray for you every day.
God bless you,
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+