Dear praying friends,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
We enjoyed our diocesan convention. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for us. It was a blessing to catch up with the people at convention who have been receiving these prayer mails.
We enjoyed the workshop that Julie and I led, and for the opportunity to pray as a couple at the healing service. I also enjoyed Julie and Hannah's part of the Diocesan music team, and I enjoyed catching up with friends from South America, Africa, Ireland, and across North America.
I have posted some photos from convention on my Facebook page. The Facebook has a rather lengthy webpage address, but if you would like to see the photos, please cut and paste this email address:
Answers to frequently asked questions at Diocese Convention:
1) Our main missionary focus is online ministry to Belize as missionaries of SAMS and the Diocese of Albany. We have an important planning meeting set up for early July in Belize about this. Once the plan is finalized (we have a draft form prepared), the missionary work would begin in September.
Getting the program ready from July to September would mean a lot of hours per week (perhaps about 50 or so), and once we are teaching in September, there would be a lot of hours involved with our teaching phase each week (my guess is somewhere from 20 to 50 hours a week per course), as well as additional hours per week needed for continued program deployment.
This means that we need continued financial support through SAMS as our main source of income, to make it all possible. Please keep this important matter in your prayers.
2) This plan for our missionary work to the Diocese of Belize makes it possible for us to subsequently extend our online teaching ministry to Tanzania and to the Diocese of Albany. Please keep these plans in your prayers.
3) Our teaching in Belize would be done in English with supplemental materials in Spanish, according to plan. Please keep these plans in your prayers.
4) If I understand the situation correctly, Julie and I are the theological college educators for the Diocese of Belize, via online ministry from the US to Belize. Without us, there may not be a theological college program. Please keep the Diocese of Belize, the potential students, and what the Lord is calling us to do, in your prayers.
1) This coming weekend we will be preaching at Trinity, Potsdam, as part of our missionary presentation. Please pray that we would preach with boldness and joy, and that the Holy Spirit would use our message to transform lives.
2) Pray for Lydia has she prepares to take her driver's license test near the end of June, and that she would pass the test. (It would be really helpful for her summer plans if she had a driver's license.)
3) Prayer for discernment, provision, and guidance for our life as a whole.
Thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important us, and I pray for you every day.
God bless you,
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+