Dear praying partners,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
This week's update:
What a week to sum up. I am back in New York State, and Julie and Lydia are away until Tuesday evening.
1) The memorial service for Julie's mom went well. Julie preached a great sermon. (Subsequently, she and her sister have been working on some matters relating to their mom.)
2) I am making good progress with developing the online education program for Belize. Interest is gaining momentum about all our online programs, and on Tuesday, I met a person on an airplane, a Pentecostal person; after I gave him a briefing on what Anglicanism was, he said that he would be interested in supporting us financially and in taking part in the program for his self-improvement. Praise God!
3) I had an interesting birthday on Saturday. Just about every relative, except Hannah, was out of town. Touched base with most.
4) I had a great time celebrating and preaching at both services at Christ Church, Cooperstown, today.
1) We will be at St. Matthew's in Latham, next week. Pray that the Holy Spirit would touch lives through us in a mighty way.
2) For our program preparations over the next month, and for our October plans. The Bp. of Belize would like me to attend the diocesan synod in October, and if things can be worked out, to talk with the Primate of the Church in the Province of the West Indies about our online plans, during the diocesan Synod. Your prayers about this would be appreciated.
3) Prayers about scheduling visits to parishes. We have a few dates in September open and beyond that. Pray that the Holy Spirit would open doors for what he wants to do through us, and to connect with the right people that he wants us to meet.
4) For Lydia as she finishes her summer plans before returning to college, for Hannah as she prepares for her short-term mission trip to Uganda which begins this week, and for Ruth who adjusts to a new workweek schedule, and prepares for music students in the Fall. It would be helpful for Ruth to have an increase in the number of her students.
God bless you, and thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important for us, and I pray for you every day.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
SAMS missionaries, as well as missionaries of the Diocese of Albany