Dear praying partners,
This is our weekly public prayer mail
This week's update:
1) Greetings from Belize in Central America. It is the rainy season. Thank you for your prayers, and please continue praying. Public photos of this mission trip can be found on my Facebook page. Look under my name: Shaw Mudge.
2) Bp. Philip has opened up the potential student population for our online courses to include every Anglican in Belize. And as we go from parish to parish talking about it, interest in what we are doing seems to gain momentum. How many will finally settle into it, is unknown, but there is a lot of interest whenever we talk about it.
3) We have had good meetings with Bp. Philip of Belize, the Commission on Ministry for the Diocese of Belize, and the prospective students in the ordination process from the Diocese of Belize.
4) On the IT side, Moodle 2.3 (Learning Management System/Course Management System) has been uploaded, thanks to our friend Bill Schrull who is a Faith Alive board member. And when we get back, we continue moving forward in preparation for September.
5) Julie preached at St. Andrew's in San Ignacio and St. Hilda's in Georgeville. I talked about our program at both parishes. We are visiting the parishes in support of both the online project and the existing work of other SAMS missionaries (as part of an overall complementary effort): Juan and Maria Marentes and David Alenskis. God's hand has been moving in incredible ways.
1) For the balance of this mission trip in Belize. For safe and timely travel. That the Holy Spirit would guide all conversations and actions, and that the next step of our online program would fall into place in God's way, in God's timing.
2) Pray for our remaining meetings and work.
3) For our Moodle implementation plans in the US and in Belize.
4) I am scheduled to preach next week at St. Ann's in Belmopan (the capital city). Pray that I would preach and talk about matters as God would lead.
5) For good weather.
6) For the Diocese of Albany team at General Convention.
7) For the Diocese of Albany area members coming to Belize as part of an ecumenical mission trip in the middle of July.
Thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important us, and I pray for you every day.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
SAMS missionaries, as well as missionaries of the Diocese of Albany
Serving in Belize.