Dear partners in prayer,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
This week's update:
1) I have had a wonderful trip in Belize. Gave a presentation at the Diocesan Synod (the Synod is held every two years). Led a discussion group that started planning total ministry in the Diocese over the next two years. Talked with students. Added more potential students. Spent perhaps 2 hours of quality time with Bp. Philip, and another hour and a half separately with Archbishop John. A great time was had by all. This was Archbishop John's first visit to the Diocese of Belize since Bp. Philip was consecrated Bishop.
2) I received permission from both Bishop Philip and Archbishop John, that if anyone in Tanzania or North America wishes to take my online courses, an option is to join the same courses that the students in Belize are taking. Classes are in English. Please contact me for more information.
1) For safe and timely travel for all our family members, and good health.
2) For completing the follow-up matters from the trip.
3) For my contacting the heads of the two other Anglican seminaries: in Jamaica and Barbados this week by email. This has been a suggestion of both Bishop Philip and Archbishop John. In fact, Bp. Philip has already contacted them about my pending email messages. I am awaiting a further message from Bp. Philip.
4) For the timing of the next trip to Belize. It may be a trip that takes me to Belize as well as meeting with the leaders of the two other Anglican seminaries in their respective countries. This meeting has been proposed by Bishop Philip.
5) For the plans to visit the Diocese of Western Tanganyika in Tanzania in March.
God bless you, and thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are really important for us, and I pray for you every day.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+