Dear partners in prayer,
This is our weekly public prayer mail. We hope that everyone had a good Labor Day weekend.
This week's selective overview:
1) Our next semester started strongly in Belize. It always seems to. At the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I was inspired to try a different technique for communicating with students as part of class lectures which seems a lot better all the way around. Time will tell.
2) We have had very good responses for parish visits through November. More are in the works.
1) Pray for the students and faculty over the course of this coming semester, and their families.
2) There is a bit of flooding in Belize City because of the heavy rains. Prayers for the people and parishes would be appreciated.
3) Pray for my contribution to the upcoming Trinity School of Ministry devotional. I would like the Holy Spirit to minister through my words.
4) Pray for our elderly relatives, and for all that is on our plate as a family. Our more elderly relatives are discovering that they are not 23 any more, in new and interesting ways. I am helping out in the midst of it all. Lots of adventures.
5) Continue to pray for the upcoming October Cursillo weekend in Belize, and my upcoming trip, there, and for my/our upcoming parish visits.
6) Pray for those of us in the sandwich generation. With all the excitement in the family, it sometimes feels as if the jelly is oozing out on the sides of the sandwich.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+