To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Prayer Mail


Dear Friends,

This is our public prayer mail for Tuesday, 17 February 2015.

I finished translating the CPWI Daily Office Lectionary into Spanish (about 50 pages), and I have started the CPWI Weekday Lectionary with about 22 pages to go. Whether I finish before I go, will be interesting.

This week also included career counseling with a possible applicant for Holy Orders in Belize, and my teaching an interactive online session of the Worship and Liturgy A300 course (the 1995 CPWI Prayer Book and the CPWI Hymnal).

The grant possibilities for translation work seem to be on hold for the moment. If something changes, I will proceed. If not, the Holy Spirit may have something else in mind (Acts 16:6-10 comes to mind).

I leave later this week for Belize and return at the beginning of March.

My valentine and I have recovered nicely from our colds.

Prayer requests:
 
1) Final preparations for the on-the-ground mission trip to Belize (begins this week), the agenda, the logistics, safe and timely travel, fruitfulness of the venture, what the Holy Spirit would have me say and do. Pray that I avoid storms in my travels. 

2) For the continuing everyday fruitful mission work with Belize. I resume course preparation for an online New Testament Scriptures course when I return from Belize.

3) For the completion of the CPWI Spanish Prayer Book in a timely manner. Our team is hoping to have our draft completed by the time of my next trip to Belize this week. The person working on the Psalter could use prayer.

4) For God's provision for all our needs both here and abroad. 

5) For the sale of our dwelling in Wynantskill; closing tentatively scheduled for mid-March. Keep praying until the check clears. The prospective buyer's 31 page building inspection report gave us a good bill of health; in the works: an extension to check out a few things outside that have not been possible because of the snow.

6) For Lydia, for what's next. She has started to implement a plan.   

7) Attached is our February Mudge Mission newsletter in two formats.


In Jesus' Name,

Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+ and Lydia
Thank you for your support, and I pray for you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment