To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Prayer Mail

Dear Friends,

This is our public prayer mail for Tuesday, 10 February 2015.

Thank you for your prayers!

Happy Valentines Day this week! Happy Cyril and Methodius Day! (I get excited about missionaries, what can I say...)

I have been preparing for my trip to Belize as well as working on a course this week. I finished translating the Triennial Lectionary (about 40 pages) for the Spanish version of the CPWI Book of Common Prayer, and now, I am working on the CPWI Daily Office Lectionary (about 50 pages). 

A student completed an online course this week.

Julie and I are well on the way to full recovery from our colds.

Prayer requests:
 
1) For preparations for the on-the-ground mission trip to Belize (begins in about a week and a half), the agenda, the logistics, safe and timely travel, fruitfulness of the venture, what the Holy Spirit would have me say and do.

2) For the continuing everyday fruitful mission work with Belize. Several things have come up this week which have been good related to Belize.

3) For the completion of the CPWI Spanish Prayer Book in a timely manner. Our team is hoping to have our draft completed by the time of my next trip to Belize in another week and a half.

4) For God's provision for all our needs both here and abroad. 

5) I am looking into the possibility of obtaining a grant for translating my course materials into Swahili (Tanzania) and Garifuna (Belize; one of the three national languages in Belize; I am also exploring the possibility of translating the CPWI Prayer Book into Garifuna, even though Garifuna is primarily an oral language). Several factors play into that, one of which is getting the right translators, and another is how the funding stream might work, in addition to what kind of funding might be available for such a venture. This needs prayer that the Holy Spirit might open doors at the right place and the right time. Putting a feasible proposal together is the first step, which is what I am exploring.

6) This week, a person from Food for the Poor contacted me, expressing an interest in possibly getting involved with the Anglican Diocese of Belize. I have made the request known to the Bishop of Belize. I ask your prayers that God's will be done. 

7) For the sale of our dwelling in Wynantskill; closing tentatively scheduled for mid-March. Keep praying until the check clears. The prospective buyer's 31 page building inspection report gave us a good bill of health; in the works: an extension to check out a few things outside that have not been possible because of the snow.

8) For Lydia, as she plans for what's next. Julie and I have been helping her consider various options.   

9) For continued prayers for our recovering from the bug that we had. We are really doing well. I'd like to finish the job this week.


In Jesus' Name,

Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+ and Lydia
I pray for you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment