This is our public prayer mail for Tuesday 9 August 2015.
Sunday was "Diocesan Day" for the Anglican Church in Belize. Every parish gathered at St. Ann's in Belmopan followed by an afternoon of fun and fellowship.
Among the highlights of this past week:
1) Spent a considerable amount of time tracking down good sermon examples this week for my online preaching course for Belize. I know a lot of great preachers. Have been reviewing written sermons, oral sermons, and video sermons. Totally awesome experience.
2) Was working on preparation for parish supply work for both the Albany diocese and The Episcopal Church in Connecticut (current name used in the Connecticut diocese).
3) Had a great time at St. James' in Lake George, NY, on Sunday. Julie had a great time at St. Mary's in Manchester, CT, on Sunday. Last week, we both took time out and simply attended Church in Kentucky with Hannah and Lydia; I like our family, and when we can do things together, that is awesome.
1) For the ongoing Belizean projects of: course development, the Prayer Book printing, theological library plans, and text book production plans.
2) Pray that I would listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit on what to say and do in the next several months as I visit churches, and in preparation for my next anticipated trip in October at the time of the Cursillo Weekend in the Belmopan area. Also, for wisdom in my daily contacts with people in Belize.
3) Please keep various family members in prayer about: relationships, events and appointments, decisions to make, educational goals, gainful employment, and fruitful ministry.
Your prayers are very important. I am praying for you every day.
God bless you,
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie.