This is our public prayer mail for Tuesday 18 August 2015. Attached is our newsletter for August 2015.
Thanksgivings for our continuing online seminary education program for Belize. We have just completed 3 years worth of courses, and we have one more year to go before the full number of 19 courses is complete. At the end of October 2016, ideally all courses would be available in a 24/7 format of some kind, with possible textbook, workbook, audio, and/or video alternatives in the works after that point, to meet continuing need.
Among the highlights of this past week:
1) Finished preparing the Preaching course (begins in October). The course will be a combination of preaching theory, reading-hearing-seeing sermons, and sermon critique of student sermons by a sermon committee of the student's choice. On to the next course, either Old Testament content or General Church history, depending on circumstances regarding the faculty.
2) Had an awesome time preparing for supply work at St. Paul's in Brookfield, CT, while the rector is on sabbatical. We have not even started yet, and the Holy Spirit has been very active. Praise God!
3) Our god-daughter and her husband had their marriage blessed by the Pope, in Rome, on their honeymoon. Photos were on FaceBook, so it must be true.
1) Prayer for the continuing online seminary education program in Belize that all would be done to God's glory, for our ministry fruitfulness and for the students, faculty, parish clergy, Commission on Ministry members, and diocesan staff involved.
I heard today that one of the faculty may not be able to teach in January; so we may either have to rearrange the curricula next year, or I simply step in and teach (create the course, first). Your prayers for wisdom would be appreciated.
2) For the Pastoral Ministry course which begins in less than two weeks.
3) Prayer for the plans I am trying to line up for the October trip to Belize, with a key aspect being a Spiritual Director of the Cursillo weekend there (held every two years).
4) For the ongoing Belizean projects of the Prayer Book printing and theological library plans.
5) Pray that I would listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit on what to say and do in the next several months, especially at St. Paul's in Brookfield.
6) Please keep various family members in prayer about: relationships, events and appointments, decisions to make, educational goals, gainful employment, and fruitful ministry. Lydia resumes her college courses in a few weeks. Julie is finishing one Nashotah House hybrid course, just in time for the next one, as well as doing everything else she does.
Your prayers are very important. I am praying for you every day.
God bless you,
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie.