This is our public prayer mail for Tuesday 6 October 2015.
Among the highlights of this past week:
1) Preparations continue for the upcoming Belize trip which begins in mid-October. Among other things, I have been working on the Cursillo talks.
2) The A301 Pastoral Ministry course, live version, continues.
3) Started creating a Parish Development and Stewardship course planned to begin in January, on starting new churches, changes to existing churches, and time, talent, and treasure.
4) Additional parish visitations are in the works.
1) Pray for the October trip to Belize, now about 2 weeks away, including preparations for the Cursillo weekend, the Synod between synods, and my part in representing the Diocese of Belize for the visiting team from England.
2) Pray for the continuing online seminary education program in Belize that all would be done to God's glory, for our ministry fruitfulness and for the students, faculty, parish clergy, Commission on Ministry members, and diocesan staff involved.
3) Pray for the people in the ordination process and my role as Examining Chaplain in Belize; and pray for the continuing plans for ordinations.
4) For the ongoing Belizean projects, including the actual publishing of the Prayer Book, and for the theological library plans. In addition to the Grant, the Diocese of Belize could use about an additional $2000 to meet the entire anticipated amount needed for publication; your prayers for God's provision of that amount would be appreciated.
5) Pray that I would listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit on what to say and do over the next several months, especially at St. Mary's in Manchester (CT) in October and November, the parish mission conference at St. James in Farmington (CT) in November. Pray for Julie at Trinity, Tariffville (CT).
6) Pray for our overall upcoming parish visitation schedule and trip plans, that they would continue to be according to the Holy Spirit's schedule, where and when.
7) Please keep various family members in prayer about: relationships, events and appointments, decisions to make, educational goals, gainful employment, and fruitful ministry.
8) Pray for Lydia and Julie in their studies.
Your prayers are very important. I pray for you every day.
God bless you,
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie.