Dear Friends in Prayer,
Peace be with you.
May you have a happy 4th of July!
This is our last public prayer mail from Peru, before heading north. We depart Sunday, July 3rd.
As of Sunday morning, we should be in a communications black out: telephone, internet (for about a day or two), as we transition between continents. Please keep the journey in prayer.
Thanksgivings, during this past week:
1) We have had a great time in Peru. We look forward to a great time in the US (when we are in Peru, we like Peru. When we are in the US, we like the US)
2) We are packed! Cheers for Julie´s efforts in getting us ready.
3) We have had good partings with people here.
4) Transition matters are underway, and things seem to be working out, but it is step by step.
Prayers, for this coming week:
1) Adjusting to the US. Change of culture, biochemistry. Reconnecting. Planning. Keeping up with our intense schedule plans over the next few months.
2) Please keep in prayer our luggage, packing, book arrangements and apartment matters over the next week. Some things have already arrived in the US, and one of our goals is to retrieve them from the various people who have helped us out.
3) We gear up for Lydia´s going to college in August. This is a major part of our next phase. We ask your prayers for meeting her driver´s license requirements, and for our getting things ready for college.
4) Prayers for safe and timely travel as we go back and forth over several states in the next few weeks.
5) Prayers for our relationships with the people we have left behind. We miss them already.
Your prayers make a difference, and I pray for you daily.
God bless you.
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie and Lydia.