Dear Friends in Prayer,
Peace be with you.
If you have been trying to get hold of us in the past few days (and several people have): we have been visiting relatives in Connecticut, and our communications links have been intermittent.
Thanksgivings, during this past week:
1) Our return to the US was very good. It has taken us a bit to get used to the day to day technological changes that have occurred in the past 6 months.
2) We have been on track for retrieving various belongings.
3) Our car and our internet service are up and going. Other things are falling into place, as well.
4) Lydia is making very good progress towards her driver's license and preparations for college.
5) We have had good visits from relatives, who have been visiting with us in NY.
Prayers, for this coming week:
1) Adjusting to the US. Change of culture, particularly biochemistry for Julie and Lydia, who have been sick since they got back.
2) Prayer for some contractual matters relating to our apartment in South America.
3) We are preparing for our family MTI missionary program in Colorado. We depart on Sunday. The program will be followed by the wedding of Julie's sister's daughter (our niece). Please pray for a good program, a great wedding, and safe and timely travel.
4) We gear up for Lydia´s going to college in August. We ask your prayers for meeting her driver´s license requirements (timing of driver's test, and getting in the requisite number of night hours driving beforehand), and for getting things ready for college.
5) Prayer for various other matters and arrangements over the next week.
Your prayers make a difference, and I pray for you daily.
If you are interested, this is the link to this month's video mail "missionary lifestyle 1.0":
God bless you.
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie and Lydia.