To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fr. Shaw has arrived in Africa safely

Dear friends and family,

I have arrived safely and in a timely manner in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, leg 1 of the mission trip. Julie is in upstate, New York, attending to matters, there. I have had the opportunity to speak with her and Lydia via Skype.

As I write this, I am near the waterfront of the Indian Ocean in this capital of Tanzania, just down the street from a Lutheran Church. There is a 7 hour time difference between here and upstate, New York. Shortly, from where I am staying, I should be able to hear the morning choir singing at the church.

In the next day or so, we begin leg 2, travel to Kasulu, Tanzania. In the meantime, we prepare for that leg of the trip, finalizing some local arrangements.

The goal of the mission trip is to find out to what extent our online anglican seminary courses can join together with the offerings at Kasulu Bible College, a regional anglican seminary, for more effective ministry in this part of the country. I am here with Bill and Cathy Schrull; Bill plans to strengthen the existing Internet infrastructure at the bible college to make this happen more effectively.

For security reasons, my posts are a bit vague, but if you need more specifics, please contact Julie.

Prayer requests:

1) continued safe and timely travel

2) that the Holy Spirit would accomplish through us, what he would desire to be the outcome of our trip.

I continue to pray for you all, daily.

God bless you,
Shaw



No comments:

Post a Comment