Dear partners in prayer,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
Alleluia! Happy Easter season. Alleluia!
This week's overview:
1) I attended the SAMS retreat and the New Wineskins Missionary Conference in North Carolina, along with others from the Diocese of Albany. Very inspirational. The missionary conference offered good strategies that could be adapted for parishes in the U.S. I did a fair amount of networking.
2) Julie was at St. John's in Ogdensburg for the weekend.
3) We have had some potentially exciting developments for our curriculum and for the scope of our on-line program, as a result of people at the Missionary Conference this week.
1) Trinity School for Ministry handed a bookmark to me at the missionary conference, with prayer requests that apply to our program. Here are two of the prayers: pray with us for an increase in enrollment and for financial provision.
2) For the students and their families, especially for students beginning the next course in about two weeks, and the ones working on current courses.
3) For our missionary table at the annual Convention in the Diocese of Albany in June.
4) For our North Country time, for Julie on the Albany Diocese priests' retreat, for the Western Tanganyika trip in late April to mid-May, Belize in mid-May, and Albany Diocesan Convention in June, and parish visits in the North Country after I return from the mission trips.
5) For the Holy Spirit to touch the lives of the people we meet, for the spread of the Gospel, for safe and timely travel, and that everything be done to the glory of God.
6) For time to focus on Swahili and Latin American Spanish as God needs me to focus on that, beginning this week.
7) For all that we need to do in Ogdensburg.
8) For a resolution to the persistent health insurance issue, God's way.
9) For Julie, our daughters, and everyone's plans.
God bless you, and thank you for praying. I pray for you every day.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
"We are building the ship, while sailing it."