Dear partners in prayer,
This is our weekly public prayer mail.
Happy Easter season from Tanzania!
This week's overview:
1) It is rainy season in Kasulu, Tanzania. Lots of rain Monday morning.
2) Lydia is enjoying choir practice at St. John's in Ogdensburg, and Julie is doing well. Her sermon on Sunday was well received.
3) Things seem to be going well in Kasulu. Bishop Makaya requested that I not return to the US, and he wants me to stay in Kasulu. On the other hand, I have an appointment in Belize coming up, and Bp. Philip wants me in Belize.
4) I preached at two churches Sunday, and God used the time, profitably. It was a team effort; my translators preached my two sermons, well.
5) I now have two coordinators for the online program, on the ground in Kasulu.
6) A rather large spider greets us in the bathroom every day in Kasulu. It is more afraid of us than anything else.
1) The following is a rather specific prayer request regarding online matters:
1a) pray for translators: Tanzanian Swahili, Garifuna, Guatemalan Spanish, and Mexican Spanish.
1b) pray about developing English as a second language materials
1c) pray about developing elementary and secondary level academic skills courses
1d) pray about deciding whom to bring along as team and faculty members, and what they should do
2) For sufficient Internet access and speed regarding the online program.
3) For an increase in enrollment, for financial provision, and for program and course development, in God's way and in God's time.
4) For students and their families.
5) For our missionary table at the annual Convention in the Diocese of Albany in June.
6) For the balance of our time in the North Country.
7) For a resolution to the persistent health insurance issue, God's way.
8) For everything that is before each of our family members.
God bless you, and thank you for praying. I pray for you every day.
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+
Belize: "We are building the ship, while sailing it."
Tanzania: "We are building the house, while living in it."