To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Scripture Prayer Jan 22


Isaiah 49: 1-3

Listen to me, you islands;
    hear this, you distant nations:
Before I was born the Lord called me;
    from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword,
    in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me into a polished arrow
    and concealed me in his quiver.
He said to me, “You are my servant,    Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.”

Isaiah 49:6

I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.

Lord, thus You said to Isaiah and I believe that these words are for Father Shaw and all missionaries as well.  Thank You for the calling in his mother’s womb.  Thank You for the sharpened sword in his moth, the guidance that your Holy Spirit gives to him when preparing his teaching lessons and during meetings with authorities and students.  Thank You that You have kept him safe in the shadow of your hand.  Thank You for making Him a polished arrow, helping him to create the most effective lessons for his unique students.  Thank You for making him your servant, a light to many nations so that your message of salvation can reach the unsaved in Belize, in the U.S., in Peru, and in any other nation that You send him to in the future.

Father God, we pray special travel mercies as Father Shaw prepares to fly to Belize this week for a SAMS conference and for important meetings.  May your will be done and may all be done to your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment