To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Friday, January 1, 2016

Prayer Mail Dec 20

Dear Friends,

This is our public prayer mail of Sunday, 20 December 2015. 

Although the timing is a few days in advance of the actual event: Merry Christmas, everyone!

This week:

A) I am sharing a link to really awesome video about the history of the Anglican Cathedral in Belize City that came to my attention yesterday, from one of the clergy in Belize: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0taO3-MIpHE&app=desktop

I think the Bishop of Belize has narrated it. If not, it sounds like him.

B) I am just about finished creating the Christian Ethics/Moral Theology distance learning course. This will be an awesome course.

C) Due to a change in faculty this week, my final course design in the basic set of the distance learning program is coming up (which is the final remaining course in the program): Old Testament content. This course complements the Old Testament Context course which I already created. The whole program is four years of work. With distance learning adults, students are generally second career and have time for one course at a time, as they are able.

D) Lydia finished her fall semester at Manchester Community College; she was the proud artist of "Hercules and the nonjudgemental chicken" - a still life drawing. Her artistic skills have improved dramatically in one semester.

E) Julie just finished two courses in Ascetical theology at Nashotah House seminary. Some of her interests took her in the direction of Anglo-Saxon Spirituality, which was awesome in itself. I can't believe I am associated with all these talented and brilliant people. Julie has now finished the academic side of her chaplaincy certification process, and is perched to go forward with the next phase of the application process.

Your prayers are requested for the following:

A) For the printing of the Province of the West Indies Spanish Prayer Book in a timely manner.  

B) For the scheduling and plans for my next trip to Belize. Discussions are slated to resume after January 1.

C) For the financial support in 2016 that would enable me to do that which the Bishop of Belize and the Holy Spirit may have in mind. That I would me do what God would have me do to in 2016.

D) For parish visitations, sermons, potential trips, and other matters over the next few months. For safe and timely travel. 

E) For family members who continue to face major decisions, including suitable arrangements for my mother.  

F) For Christmas get-togethers, plans, and logistics, including safe and timely travel. For family members' health related issues.  

G) For God's provision for all our needs.

Thank you for praying. I pray for you every day.

God bless you. 

Shaw, and on behalf of Julie.

No comments:

Post a Comment