To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

January Newsletter




 Anglo-American-Belizean visitation to missions in central  Belize. Photo copyright Fr. Shaw Mudge, 2015.

A New Year.

My New Year’s resolution is this: to do everything to the glory of God, to be available to do what God wants me to do, in his way and his time. Fortunately, we have the forgiveness of sins in the Prayer Book as a fall back. But my aim, whether in the mission field or at home is to keep my eye on the prize, to walk where God calls me to go, to build up the Church. Every year is different.

That desire may take me to exotic places or across town. That might involve a short term stay or a long term stay. My goal is to build up the Church in God’s way and in his timing. In mission work, whether here or abroad, that means being flexible, having a sense of humor, being somewhat organized, and being open to the Holy Spirit.

So, what have I been doing lately? From the U.S. I have been advising folks in the        Belizean ordination process. I have been designing distance learning courses and teaching them. My Sundays involve helping out in area parishes needing clergy; my part has become more and more popular with folks here.

What does 2016 look like? It has started out differently than I had planned, but I forge ahead on each adventure, apparently (from what I hear) making a difference by what I do both here and Belize. In the past six months I have made a few hundred friends along the way. Glory to God!

At the current moment, I am waiting to hear back from folks as to what the next months will be like.

Your financial partnership with us and your prayer partnership with us have been important in making a difference, filling real needs, and are appreciated in support of these missionary ventures. Your continued investment is very important for the ongoing ministry.

Onward into 2016! I am enthused!

God bless you all, and thank you for your support, in Jesus’ Name,

Fr. Shaw, and on behalf of Mtr. Julie.
Examining Chaplain, Diocese of Belize.
SAMS missionaries.

Support.

Please pray and continue to make checks out to: "SAMS". Put "Shaw and Julie Mudge" in the memo, to support what we are doing. Your continued support makes the work in Belize possible.
Mailing address:
SAMS,
P. O. Box 399,
Ambridge, PA 15003-0399.
Or on-line, at http://goo.gl/nll8ut

No comments:

Post a Comment