Dear Friends in Prayer,
Peace be with you.
This is our public prayer mail for this week.
Julie, Lydia, and I just came back from a trip to get to know Peru better, on the second highest railroad in the world. It was worth it.
Thanksgivings, during this past week:
1) For the time we had on the train, visiting towns, and getting to know people at 10,500 feet in the Andes mountains. It was breath-taking in more than one sense of the word.
2) For the progress we are making towards God's plans for us over the next 7 months.
3) I feel fully restored in spirit, after perhaps 6 or so years. Amazing. This trip was a true mountain-top experience.
Prayers, for this coming week:
1) I am preaching at the Cathedral in Lima on Sunday, and leading the 8 am service, as well; pray that I would preach and do as the Holy Spirit leads.
2) Pray for all the things to do prior to our return to the US in July. We have an important meeting with our landlady and a painter on Monday evening.
3) For Lydia's getting settled in college, and for obtaining her driver's license.
4) For continued progress in Spanish.
5) For the continued improvement of relationships among the missionaries and clergy in Peru.
6) For God's plans for us over the coming year.
God bless you.
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie and Lydia