Dear Friends in Prayer,
Peace be with you.
This is our public prayer mail for this week.
Thanksgivings, during this past week:
1) We cancelled plans to visit Lake Titicaca and Colca Canyon next week due to a significant strike in the region of Lake Titicaca.
This is a different strike from the one the Daniels were in the other week, and more serious. As of yesterday, the U. S. Embassy in Lima has prohibited its staff from traveling to the Lake Titicaca region.
2) We have water in our apartment building. Due to some work on the pipes in the building, our city water was shut off for 3 days.
3) Last night, Lydia had a great part as a witness in the high school play, "You, the jury." Julie was selected as one of the jurors.
4) We enjoyed the International Christian School of Lima's senior class Bar-B-Q today (Lydia's high school class).
5) We are in the process of donating books to the work of Bp. Mike Chapman (with book shelves), in his part of the diocese.
Prayers, for this coming week:
1) Lydia goes on a senior class trip to Tarapoto in the high jungle area, this week (we may be having a senior high girls sleep-over at our apartment on Monday night as a staging area for the trip - we could use prayers for that).
Your prayers would be appreciated for safe and timely travel for them, also prayers for Lydia's back. She pulled a muscle in it this past week.
2) Please keep us in prayer through the meetings, other appointments and arrangements, over the next week. Your prayers really made a difference this past week.
3) Please pray for the services in which we are participating at the Cathedral this week.
4) Please pray for Lydia as she finishes up her school year (and her high school education). Graduation is in about 2 weeks.
God bless you.
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie and Lydia.