Dear Friends in Prayer,
Peace be with you.
This is our public prayer mail for this week.
Thanksgivings, during this past week:
1) We had a great trip to Machu Picchu.
2) We have had the opportunity to learn a lot how the Andean religion has changed from the time of the conquistadors until now, and apparently how some in the Andean religion and in the Roman Catholic Church have borrowed from each other's religion, as a way of enhancing each's own perspective. And yes, some contemporary Roman Catholics in the Andes' apparently also worship the gods of mountains and glaciers, today. Yet the Andean religion in some ways is a different religion now than in the 16th century, a bit more trendy.
FYI: the contemporary term for "syncretism" (blending religions) is now "cultural fusion."
Pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ, who work hard in such a climate.
3) Prayed through some historical Andean religious sites, using the Jesus' prayer and Nigel's blue cards.
4) Items from our last prayer mail, such as meetings and a meeting with our landlady, have gone well.
Prayers, for this coming week:
1) Please keep us in prayer through the meetings, other appointments and arrangements, over the next week.
2) Please pray for the 10 am service at the Cathedral on Sunday. I lead the Dean of the Cathedral and his beloved in a renewal of their wedding vows.
3) Please pray for Lydia as she finishes up her school year (and her high school education). Graduation is in about 3 weeks.
Thank you for praying for us. Your prayers make a difference.
God bless you.
Shaw, and on behalf of Julie and Lydia.