To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mudge Scripture Prayer

Psalm 25: 4-5

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

From One-Minute Prayers for Women:

Embracing the Unknown

Father in heaven, You see all that takes place in my life. Knowing this gives me peace as I face transition. I exchange my uncertainty for your promise of security. Open my eyes to the wonders of every turn, tangent, and seeming detour I encounter. I don’t want to miss a miracle by starting a new journey diminished by regret, pride, or misplaced longing. I want to long for You. For the path You carve out for me.

Remove the blinders from my physical and spiritual eyes. Lord, I want to see the beauty of the landscape You have built around me. And I want to savor the opportunity that rests on the horizon. As I face a new direction, this time my heart flutters with excitement and not with worry. I am eager to see what You have in store for me. I accept Your provision, Lord.

Scripture Prayer:

Father in Heaven, You know all that takes place in the lives of Father Shaw and Mother Julie Mudge. They are in transition now, and they so want to hear your voice as they discern the mission path which You would have them follow. Is it Mityana? Is it Gulu? Is it Nairobi? The Mudges felt welcome in all three places. They long for You, Lord, and the path that You carve out for them.

The Mudges long to hear your voice. Let them see, Lord. Let them embrace the adventure that awaits them with confidence, wonder and excitement. Thank You Lord that You always provide!

Thank You that the Mudges arrived home safely. Thank You that You took care of Lydia while they were gone. Be with them in a special way. May the power of your Holy Spirit be strong within them as they follow your way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment