To receive the Mudges' prayer mails and newsletters, or to contact them by email for any reason, please send a message to Shaw or Julie, which goes directly to them, through the Diocesan clerical directory webpages for priests.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Prayer Mail

Dear praying friends,
This is our public prayer mail for this week.

Thanksgivings:

1) Julie and I served at two locations on Sunday. Julie was at Grace Church in Waterford, and I was at Christ Church, Schenectady.

2) Our visit to Belize is settling down into the first part of July. I am working with the Commission on Ministry in Belize, creating a structure and a plan for online courses. I am finalizing a questionnaire to familiarize myself with the students' online background.

3) Lydia came home.

Prayer requests:

1) Prayer for the upcoming parish visits. This coming Sunday, we will be making a presentation and concelebrating at Trinity, Watervliet. Pray that we do all to the glory of God.

2) Prayer for our time at Diocesan Convention. If you are trying to catch up with us, we plan a booth and will also be teaching a workshop (Sharing the Good News: Mission Field Dos and Don'ts), at 2:30 pm, June 8 (Convention Friday), Jelinek 1A. It could be an important workshop to help someone prepare for mission trips, whether they are planning to go on a long or short term mission trip. As we travel from parish to parish in the Diocese of Albany, I find also that some of the observations apply to international business travelers as well as to the experienced missionaries whom we encounter. Pray that the Lord would bring the people he would want to attend this workshop, and that we would pass along what the Holy Spirit would like people to know.

3) Continued prayer about plans to teach theological college classes on-line, from the US to students in Tanzania and Belize, specifically.

4) Continued prayers for healing. Sunday morning, I tripped and fell while preparing for services. Got a nasty scrape at the top of my head. At the time, I thought I was OK (miraculously I appeared to be, compared with possible alternatives), but in hindsight it is possible that I may have had a very mild concussion. Seeing that that was the situation, pray that my sermons were received the way they should have been on Sunday; I had a bit a trouble concentrating while delivering them because I had banged my head. I am on the mend, but still, your prayers for healing would be appreciated. In the meantime, I keep going.

5) Prayer for discernment, provision, and guidance for our life as a whole.

Thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important us, and I pray for you every day.

God bless you,
In Christ,Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+

No comments:

Post a Comment