Dear praying friends,
This is our public prayer mail for this week.
Welcome to Pentecost season, and I hope your Memorial Day weekend has been a good one.
1) Julie and I talked about our missions activity, at Trinity Church, Watervliet, this past Sunday. It was a great moment. And on top of that, we learned of someone who might be able to help us with Swahili for Tanzania.
2) We are waiting on the official word from the Commission on Ministry's meeting, last Saturday, in Belize. In the meantime, we proceed with online course design in preparation for our July visit.
3) Lydia is in the final stages of her driver's license process. A test is scheduled for late June, unless there is a vacancy before then.
4) I am well on the way to total recovery from my fall last weekend. God has redeemed this unfortunate circumstance in an unexpected and very positive way.
1) Prayer for the upcoming parish visits. This coming Sunday, we will be making a presentation and concelebrating at St. James', Au Sable Forks. Pray that we do all to the glory of God.
2) Prayer for our time at Diocesan Convention. If you are trying to catch up with us, we plan a display booth and will also be teaching a workshop ("Sharing the Good News: Mission Field Dos and Don'ts"), at 2:30 pm, June 8 (Convention Friday), Jelinek 1A.
It could be a very important workshop to help someone prepare for mission trips, whether they are planning to go on a long or short term mission trip. Pray that the Lord would bring the people he would want to attend this workshop, and that we would pass along what people need to know.
3) Continued prayer about implementing plans to teach theological college classes on-line, from the US to students in Tanzania and Belize.
4) Prayer for discernment, provision, and guidance for our life as a whole.
Thank you for praying for us. Your prayers are very important us, and I pray for you every day.
God bless you,
Shaw+, and on behalf of Julie+